Friday, August 10, 2007

Opera Tonight



Today was my second trip to the urgent care in Vienna. The nurses were all staring at me and giggling. The way that the doctor phrased his questions to me were very different than an American doctor. He wanted to make it very clear that I was the patient, who knew nothing, and he was the superior doctor. I felt very dismissed and frustrated. They aren't sure what is wrong with me and I'm still in pain. I am trying to closly examine what i am doing that could be causing a percieved cultural clash.
Lecture today was very interesting and I am feeling a bit better so perhaps i should be more hopeful. I did the tram exercise today after finishing at the hospital and ended up at the train station where i bought a falafel sandwich and wandered about for a bit. The crowd on the tram was much more crowded than on the ubaun and the people seemed much more different. Younger and very different styles of clothing.

No comments: