Friday, August 24, 2007

The Third Man


Taking the street car to a Vienna movie cinema was fun. I love movies and almost chose a major in film. Before leaving the states I watched 'Citizen Kane'. Orson Wells was a genius and I was confident going into the movie that I would love it. Throughout the movie it was so strange to see bombed out Vienna and recognize places they spoke of. This movie was an instant reminder of the history that these streets had held at one time. The divisions and the meaning of every statue I have passed in my wandering. I had not actually placed in my mind the meaning to the actual people living in Vienna that the divisions based on nationality would mean. I wish that there were more movies accesable about this city that would illuminate more to me. I will have to look into this.

No comments: