Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer Rain




There was a downpour here in Vienna and the water fell stronger than our shower water. The sky was beautifully dark and thunder cracked as lightning lit up the impressive view from our apartments. As i spoke with a young man from eastern Germany who is studying to be an electrical engineer we stood in the rain on the roof. My roommate was there and it was just really nice to meet people that enjoyed the rain as much as i do. It seems that the people I've encountered are just very chill and relaxed. Do something you like and be open to whatever can happen. The Viennese coldness that our book described seems to be more of a practicality. I seem to be coming to terms with this new cultural experience and enjoying it very much. I don't think I've ever felt as stunted not knowing the language here as anything in my life.

No comments: